In this guide, we will show you how to create your products using our Excel import feature.
The Excel import lets you create products by uploading an Excel (.xlsx) file. You can also update pre-existing products using this feature, read more here.
You will need to make sure that all column names meet our standard, a list of supported column names can be found in the bottom of the Excel import page.
There is no real rule as to how many columns you have to include in order to be able to create a product, you can include just one column and we will still create the product.
However, standard practice is to give the products some basic information to make telling them apart easier, such as texts, SKU:s, images, and prices.
You also need to make sure your cells are filled with relevant data. Leaving cells empty is not allowed.
When your file is ready, it's time to start the import.
- Log into Sello.
- In the top-left menu, find "Import / export".
- Find "Excel" in the Import -section.
- Click: "Import".
- Choose: "Create new products from my file".
- Select your file.
- Click: "Start".
Your file will now be queued for processing, you can see your estimated wait time to the right.
Good to know:
- It is advisable to split bigger files up into smaller ones ensuring the file is processed smoothly.
- You do not need Microsoft Excel to work with XLSX files, there are plenty of free computer programs like https://www.libreoffice.org.
- Images need to be available on a web address (URL). You can import more than one image on a product, just separate the URL:s with a comma.