In this guide, we will walk your through the general product requirements for Amazon.
Amazon has both general product requirements and specific products requirements. The general product requirements apply to all products listed on Amazon and the specific product requirements are different depending on what category the product is listed in.
To be able to publish products on Amazon you will need a connection to Amazon. If you haven't connected to Amazon yet, follow the steps in the guide Connecting to Amazon.
When you have an Amazon connection in Sello, it's time to start publishing your products on Amazon. When a product is listed on Amazon it receives a listing ID, called ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number).
The general product requirements are:
- EAN, GTIN or ISBN
- Product main image on white background
- Amazon Category
- Amazon Class and Type
- Texts in the same language of the country product is to be listed in (English for UK, Spanish for Spain, French for France etc.)
- Bullet points (found in the description tab)
It is also highly recommended to add these attributes:
- Size (if applicable)
- Manufacturer Item Number
To be able to list groups of products, all requirements need to be completed on each product in the group.
If required product information is missing, the product will not publish on Amazon.
Good to know:
- All of the product requirements can be set using the Excel import feature. Read more here.
- If you're already an active seller on Amazon you can use our Amazon import feature to import your products, which will create them in the inventory -section in Sello. Read more here.