In this guide, we will show you the different ways you can activate products in Sello.
Products need to be marked as active on a marketplace in order to be published on the marketplaces, but you will also need to make sure all required attributes are filled in once they are active.
There are 4 different ways to activate products in Sello, we will show you how to use them below:
Activating the products with the edit function is a great way to activate one product on a lot of marketplaces at once.
1. The first step for this method is to click on the Edit button to the right of the product.
2. Go to the General tab and find the marketplace you want to activate the product on, marketplaces are sorted by country.
3. Click on the marketplace until it is green and save the change, this means the product will be active.
Those were all of the steps, now the product will be pushed to the chosen marketplace!
The bulk edit function is a great way to activate a few products at a time.
1. Start by selecting the products you wish to activate, you can select them by clicking on the tiny square on the left side.
You can also select a full page of products by clicking on the tiny square at the top.
2. Go to "Actions" and select Edit, this will open the regular Edit menu that you see when editing 1 product, except this time the changes will be applied to all selected products.
3. Go to the General tab and find the marketplace you want to activate the product on, marketplaces are sorted by country.
4. Click on the marketplace until it is green and save the change, this means the products will be active.
Once you have saved you will see that all of the selected products are now activated for the marketplace!
The Quick Edit function is an easy way to activate products without going into the Edit menu, as you will be doing the activation directly in the inventory.
1. Make sure that you have activated the For sale columns for the marketplaces you wish to activate the product on.
2. Go back to the inventory page and click on the text that says Inactive
3. The text will now say Active instead, this means the product is activated!
The Excel import is a great way to activate a large amount of products at once on one or multiple marketplaces!
For these steps you will need a file with either the Sello Id or SKU of all the products you wish to activate, for more information about our excel function you can read more here
The column name you will need to add to update the products is the name of the marketplace along with active, if you have multiple connections you will need to add the connection ID at the end, it can look as below:
- Fruugo active
- Fruugo active #12345
In the cells you will add 1 to activate, and 0 if you wish to inactivate the products, it will look as below:
Once the file has these fields added you can import it as a regular update on the import page, once it has been fully processed all products in the file will be activated!
Good to know
- The active flag is not an indication on whether the product is published or not
- Products can be activated but not be published due to validation errors, so make sure you fill in all mandatory attributes!