In this guide, we will show you how to update your products using our CSV import feature.
The CSV import lets you update products by uploading a CSV (Comma-separated Values) file. You can also create new products using this feature, read more here.
Unlike our Excel import feature, there are no requirements regarding what your values are actually called, what is required however is what type of file you use and how it is structured.
Here's an example of what a CSV file looks like:
Name, Text, Price, Image, Stock
“Product 1”, “Useful product to have.”, 100, “https://myhomepage.com/product_1.jpg”, 4
“Product 1”, “Almost as useful product to have”, 59, “https://myhomepage.com/product_2.jpg”, 10
As you can see, all text-based values are wrapped in quotation marks, numeric values are not. All values are also comma-separated.
Keep in mind that you always have to include either Sello’s article number (ID) or your own SKU. Otherwise, Sello won't know what product to apply the changes to.
When your file has been created, it is time to import it.
- Log into Sello.
- In the top-left menu, find "Import / export".
- Find "Database" in the Import -section.
- Click: "Import".
- Click: “Upload File”.
- Select your file.
- Match the values in your file with the values in Sello.
- Click: "Update Products".
Good to know:
- If there are no matches between your file and Sello, nothing will be created or updated.
- It is best if your CSV-file follows the standard format, read more here.
- If you have more than one image per product you have to separate each image URL with commas and wrap the whole thing in quotation marks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.