In this guide, we will show you how to create your products using our CSV import feature.
The CSV import lets you create products by uploading a CSV (Comma-separated Values) file. You can also update pre-existing products using this feature, read more here.
Unlike our Excel import feature, there are no requirements regarding what your values are actually called, what is required however is what type of file you use and how it is structured.
Here's an example of what a CSV file looks like:
Name, Text, Price, Image, Stock
“Product 1”, “Useful product to have.”, 100, “https://myhomepage.com/product_1.jpg”, 4
“Product 1”, “Almost as useful product to have”, 59, “https://myhomepage.com/product_2.jpg”, 10
As you can see, all text-based values are wrapped in quotation marks, numeric values are not. All values are also comma-separated.
When your file has been created, it is time to import it.
- Log into Sello.
- In the top-left menu, find "Import / export".
- Find "Database" in the Import -section.
- Click: "Import".
- Click: “Upload File”.
- Select your file.
- Match the values in your file with the values in Sello.
- Click: "Create New Products".
Good to know:
- If there are no matches between your file and Sello, nothing will be created or updated.
- It is best if your CSV-file follows the standard format, read more here.
- If you have more than one image per product you have to separate each image URL with commas and wrap the whole thing in quotation marks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.